Women have never had more impact whether at the grass roots level or as influencers and leaders. From advocacy and activism to leadership, women are at the vanguard of change - a force in society, at an individual, community and societal level.
Summit highlights are:
- Keynote to be delivered by VicHealth CEO, Jerril Rechter, on Gender Equality – A comprehensive approach to lasting social change
- Case studies on VicHealth’s popular This Girl Can Victoriacampaign and Our Watch’s successful The Line which engages young men in preventing violence against women
- Jane Martin, Executive Manager, Obesity Policy Coalition will talk on how coalitions can be used to support policy reforms.
- Charissa Feng, Manager, Priority Communities, Cancer Council Victoria will share with us how to impact hard-to-reach populations
- Dr Paul Harrison will talk about Deakin University’s latest research on #WomenOnInstagram.
You will learn how leading social marketers:
- Use the right tools to achieve impact
- Prepare for and deal with resistance to change
- Harness women’s voices and stories
- Use allies to add impact in policy reform
- Engage men in social change benefitting women.
The summit will conclude with a special session facilitated by Dr Joy Parkinson from Social Marketing @ Griffith, where all Summit attendees will be invited to contribute their ideas on how women can influence future change.
This summit is a special opportunity that will benefit anyone working as a marketer, policy maker or communicator from the government sector, the non-profit sector, a social group or an industry association.