We invite you to a full day’s summit on how to engage women in social change.
Women have never had more impact whether at the grass roots level or as influencers and leaders. From advocacy and activism to leadership, women are at the vanguard of change - a force in society, at an individual, community and societal level.
Summit highlights are:
- Keynote to be delivered by VicHealth CEO, Jerril Rechter, on Gender Equality – A comprehensive approach to lasting social change
- Case studies on VicHealth’s popular This Girl Can Victoriacampaign and Our Watch’s successful The Line which engages young men in preventing violence against women
- Jane Martin, Executive Manager, Obesity Policy Coalition will talk on how coalitions can be used to support policy reforms.
- Charissa Feng, Manager, Priority Communities, Cancer Council Victoria will share with us how to impact hard-to-reach populations
- Dr Paul Harrison will talk about Deakin University’s latest research on #WomenOnInstagram.
You will learn how leading social marketers:
- Use the right tools to achieve impact
- Prepare for and deal with resistance to change
- Harness women’s voices and stories
- Use allies to add impact in policy reform
- Engage men in social change benefitting women.
The summit will conclude with a special session facilitated by Dr Joy Parkinson from Social Marketing @ Griffith, where all Summit attendees will be invited to contribute their ideas on how women can influence future change.
This summit is a special opportunity that will benefit anyone working as a marketer, policy maker or communicator from the government sector, the non-profit sector, a social group or an industry association.