Hear how the Transport Accident Commission is reinventing the road safety message.
Samantha Cockfield’s current challenge is to increase community involvement and ownership in Victoria’s new approach to road safety – Towards Zero. In her keynote talk she will discuss:
- the need for change; acceptance of Victoria having a road toll
- the problem with change when things aren’t broke!
- what has changed and what’s to come.
Additional speakers and topics
- Janine Scott, General Manager of Marketing and Communications, Beyondblue: Key insights underpinning three major beyondblue campaigns
- Professor Linda Brennan, RMIT University: How to Apply Key Behaviour Change Theories for Maximum Campaign Benefit
Panel Session: Latest Thinking and Trends in Social Marketing
- Dr Ross Gordon, AASM President and Senior Lecturer in Marketing at Macquarie University, Sydney: What is ‘Strategic Social Marketing’ and what value does it add to social programs and social policy?
- Noel Turnbull, Adjunct Professor RMIT School of Media and Communications: What you can do to promote understanding of best practice and key behaviour change activities
- John Thompson, Managing Director – Government at Government Dentsu Mitchell: The foundations of good solid social marketing including examples
Included is a special workshop ‘Time to Get Strategic in Social Marketing’ by Dr Ross Gordon, AASM President and Senior Lecturer in Marketing at Macquarie University in Sydney. This workshop is relevant for policy makers, government communicators, not for profit organisations, social marketers, students, academic researchers, and social change program agents.