Deakin Business School (DBS) is seeking applicants of the highest academic standards to participate in our PhD program. Successful applicants will receive rigorous coursework training, supervision from experienced academics, and a living allowance. Successful applicants will also be eligible to receive:
- Funds to support research activities, including conference attendance
- Funds to facilitate post-PhD placement in an academic institution
- Funds to support international relocation
- Publication incentives for publishing research in top academic journals
- Access to Faculty research training workshops and seminars
Depending upon ability and performance in the program, students will also have the opportunity to teach into our undergraduate program and to undertake internships at leading companies.
PhD scholarships are currently available in the following business disciplines.
- Information systems and business analytics
Annual Stipend of AUD$27,082 tax exempt (2018 rate) plus a $5,000 top-up for all successful business and law applicants.
Melbourne Burwood Campus, Australia
Contact for further information:
30 September 2018
Please visit the Business and Law PhD opportunities page.
- Strong interest in creating new knowledge
- Ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to undertake independent research in an Honours or Master-level program
- Excellent English communication skills
Deakin University is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide across the three major international university rankings, and in the top 50 universities under 50. Deakin has a 5-star QS rating, highlighting the quality of both our research and teaching.
DBS is AACSB accredited and comprises six academic departments that are internationally well regarded. For example, Accounting ranks 133 (Brigham Young), Economics in the top 200 (RePEC & ARWU), Finance in the 51-75 band (ARWU), and our Management disciplines in the top 150 (QS). We produce research that contributes to theory, is methodologically rigorous, and which examines critical issues faced by business, government and society.