Win your chance to attend the 2016 FPA Professionals Congress in Perth
Are you a full time or part time domestic student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course at the Geelong Waterfront Campus? Then the Financial Planning Association of Australia wants to sponsor you!
The FPA wishes to engage with current students from Deakin Business School, by increasing student engagement, increase awareness of financial planning as a desirable career choice, build awareness of the FPA among students and promote the Congress to the wider public.
What's the prize?
The FPA, Geelong Chapter will provide sponsorship for one student to attend the FPA Professionals Congress in Perth. The prize includes airfare, accommodation and registration to the Congress – valued approx $3,000.
To be eligible for this prize you must be:
- Full time or part time domestic student enrolled in either an undergraduate or postgraduate course at the Geelong Waterfront campus
- Studying one of the following courses: Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Management, Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma/Master of Financial Planning or Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma /Master of International Finance
- Is currently enrolled in or completed one of the following units: MAF101, MAA255, MAA318, MAF765
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- 250 word essay entitled Why I want to become a financial planner
- WAM of 65 & above
- Deakin will filter applications to a WAM of 65 or above
- FPA local chapter committee will judge remaining submissions and decide winner
- Applicants must be available to travel between the dates of 22nd – 26th November 2016
- Winning student must write a short report on their experience at the Congress, to be used for future Deakin marketing purposes
- Apply via their Deakin email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include their student ID number and in 250 words or less explain "Why I would like to become a financial planner"
- Scholarship will be advertised via CloudDeakin, to all eligible students by the Faculty of Business and Law and Deakin Business School
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 12 September 2016
Please download a copy for full Terms and Conditions